According to euractiv.com, American officials blocked European attempts to publish the latest draft of the global Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) on an EU website after a Washington-based round of negotiations in August.
The European Commission, which has been feeling the heat from lobby groups and the European Parliament for greater transparency in the negotiations, debriefed MEPs on the August negotiations yesterday (1 September).
MEPs have been demanding to see the full negotiating text as they will be asked to give ACTA their consent in a vote later this year.
"If we want to be leaders in the EU on transparency, we really have to put more pressure on our partners to have more transparency," an Austrian Green MEP told EurActiv.
Read the full article here: http://www.euractiv.com/en/infosociety/us-told-eu-hide-acta-public-news-497373
I'm Available to Speak at Your Meeting - 2026 Update
-
By way of background, I've been speaking on information management-related
topics since around 2000. I've been privileged to speak at AIIM 2003 -
2025, mor...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment